Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni said on Wednesday he was feeling well following emergency surgery on a blocked blood vessel.
The surgery was successful and Gentiloni, 62, was likely to remain in hospital for a few days, aides said when announcing the news earlier in the day.
“Thanks for the affection and well-wishes. Doctors and medical staff were excellent. I’m well. Soon I’ll go back to work,” Gentiloni said on Twitter on Wednesday evening.
The premier was taken to hospital after complaining of discomfort on his return to Rome on Tuesday from an official visit to Paris, with doctors…
Read More…..Guardian Newspapers