• Patients Treated With Cocktail Of Drugs Plus Prescription Antiviral
• Treatment Largely Based On Symptoms
• Nigeria Considering Home Treatment
• 44 million Africans May Get Infected In First Year Of Pandemic
• Remdesivir Not Readily Available
As the country’s Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) cases crossed the 4, 000 mark yesterday, concerns are mounting about the over-burdened treatment centres, lack of bed space, rising cost of treatment, and the increasing death rate, which has become a major concern for both the government and Nigerians.
The World Health Organisation (WHO), yesterday, also said 29 million to 44 million Africans may get infected with COVID-19 in the first year of the pandemic if containment measures fail, according to a study.
The WHO Regional Office for Africa in Brazzaville, Congo, which made the disclosure in a statement posted on its website, also said the study revealed that 83, 000 to 190, 000 people in Africa could die of COVID-19 in the first…
Source: Guardian Newspaper