The Federal Government says it will withdraw operational permit of transporters who flout safety protocols.
The Minister of State for Transportation, Sen. Gbemisola Saraki, announced this in a statement signed by Mr Eric Ojiekwe, Director of Press and Public Relations in the Ministry on Wednesday in Abuja.
Saraki was quoted as giving the warning when she chaired a virtual meeting with the Forum of Nigerian Transport Commissioners.
She said that it had been resolved that the implementation guidelines prepared by the ministry would be adopted to minimise the transmission of COVID-19.
The minister pointed out that interstate transport operators should apply and could only operate on confirmation of satisfaction of the defined guidelines by the state ministry of transportation.
She said the ministry at federal and state levels would regularly monitor the implementation and compliance to the guidelines.
Source: Guardian Newspaper