Alternative routes ready, says LASGNigeria — The Guardian Nigeria News – Nigeria and World News

102


The Lagos State Government announced on Friday that rehabilitation of alternative routes to be used during the closure of the Third Mainland Bridge had been carried out.

The state’s Commissioner for Transportation, Dr Frederic Oladeinde, made the announcement in a statement in Ikeja.

The statement was signed by the Head of the Public Affairs Unit of the ministry, Mrs Bolanle Ogunlola.

Oladeinde was cited as making the disclosure while providing an update on the readiness of the state for the partial closure of the bridge, slated for July 24.

The commissioner said that provision of the alternative routes was in line with the State Government’s agenda to ensure safety and free flow of traffic at all times.

According to him, the repair of the bridge by the Federal Ministry of Works, expected to last six months, is to fix worn out expansion joints of the bridge.

Oladeinde said that Iddo inwards Carter Bridge, Market Road inwards Herbert Macaulay Road and Herbert Macaulay Road by…



Source: Guardian Newspaper