• Lawyer Sues FG, Prays Court To Stop Deployment Of Fund
• FG’s Action Is Injustice Against Delta People – Nwani
• Constitutionally, Returned Funds Belong To Delta – Nwafor
• Suit Will Expand Nigeria’s Legal Jurisprudence – Ekwe
• Delta Is Not Entitled To Money, Suit Against FG, Idle, Farcical, Cynical – Candide-Johnson
Divergent views have continued to trail the Federal Government’s desire to appropriate the £4.2m recovered from Britain that former Governor James Onanefe Ibori and his associates looted. Indeed, groups and individuals are rising in support of repatriating the money to Delta State.
Already, a human rights activist and lawyer, Chief Malcom Omirhobo has sued the Federal Government at a Federal High Court, Abuja, where he prayed the court to declare that by provisions of the Nigerian Constitution, the people and government of Delta State were entitled to the £4.2m (about N2.2b) recovered by the British government from the former…
Source: Guardian Newspaper