• 17 hunters killed, 25 abducted in Katsina after the discovery of kidnappers’ den
• Niger residents recount ordeal, set up refugee camps in bushes
• 7,000 villagers flee their homes in Niger State
• Killings, destructions in North going out of hand, elders cry out
• Allege underreporting of the situation in the region by media
Yesterday, armed bandits stormed a primary school in Kaduna State and kidnapped three teachers and an unspecified number of students in Birnin Gwari local government area.
The raid by the motorcycle-riding gunmen is the latest in a series of attacks targeting schools in the country. This is coming just days after nearly 40 students were kidnapped in the state. The latest is the fifth mass school abduction since December.
The Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, however, told newsmen yesterday that Rema Primary School was attacked around 8:50 a.m. He said…
Source: Guardian Newspaper