• Politicians dump SUVs for bullion vans ahead of election
• FG’s threat of emergency rule self-indictment, says Afenifere
• Other groups may emerge to counter IPOB in Southeast, Umahi warns
• You can’t stop ‘sit-at-home’ order, IPOB replies Southeast govs
• Falana: Emergency rule does not empower Buhari to remove Anambra gov
At a time when campaign activities should be fast paced ahead of November 6 governorship election in Anambra State with candidates doing all to woo voters, there’s a lull pervading the length and breath of the state, as political gladiators recline to watch unfolding developments.
Only yesterday, the Federal Government threatened to declare a state of emergency if the security situation in the state does not improve.
There are strong indications that scarcity of bullion vans may have hit banks in Anambra as an increasing number of governorship candidates and other well-to-do citizens have literally abandoned the comfort of their SUVs for the…
Source: Guardian Newspaper