• Passengers stranded as British Airways cancels flights in, out of Nigeria
• UK detects 80 new Omicron cases, ban to affect over 8,000 Nigerian travellers
• Citizens UK coming from Nigeria to pay £2,285 for 10-day quarantine
• Canada no longer accepting COVID-19 test results from Nigeria, nine African countries
• Global clinic data confirms new variant is less lethal
• Holiday travels hobble under restrictions, forex liquidity crisis
The British High Commission, yesterday, said it would “pause making decisions” on visitor visa applications from all red list countries, which includes Nigeria.
The decision was announced in a statement issued by the commission yesterday. The development comes hours after the United Kingdom (UK) added Nigeria to its travel red list.
“To support the UK government’s aim to protect public health from COVID-19 and associated variants of concern (VOC), UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) will pause making decisions on visitor visa applications…
Source: Guardian Newspaper