• MTN, Mafab Communications emerge, winners, to pay $273.6m each
• FG to earn $536m before February 2022
• NIMC issues 30m NIN in one year as database hits 70m
• 9mobile to partner commission for process efficiency
• Pantami seeks integrated digital technology to tackle insecurity
After 11 rounds of bidding for two lots of 100MHz of the 3.5GHz spectrum for the Fifth Generation (5G) network, MTN Nigeria and Mafab Communications, yesterday, emerged winners, with Airtel Telecommunications coming last.
The development is coming 20 years after Nigeria issued the first GSM licence for $285 million to MTN and Econet Wireless, now Airtel each.
Going by the success of the 3.5GHz spectrum auction, the Federal Government, through Nigerian Communications Communication (NCC) will earn $546 million between now and February 2022.
Announcing the winners, Executive Vice Chairman of NCC, Prof. Umar Danbatta, said the three bidders battled all through to the main…
Source: Guardian Newspaper