Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood has been released on bail after being questioned over the alleged rape and assault of a young woman, police said on Wednesday.
The 20-year-old was arrested on Sunday after images and videos were posted online, and while he was still in custody on Tuesday he was further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill.
Greater Manchester Police have not named the footballer, but said: “A 20-year-old man arrested on Sunday, January 30, 2022, on suspicion of the rape and assault of a woman has been released on bail pending further investigation.”
A spokeswoman for the force confirmed to AFP: “The man has been released on bail for everything.”
Following the striker’s arrest, video game developer EA Sports said Greenwood had been removed from FIFA products.
It said he had been taken out of active squads in FIFA 22 and suspended from appearing in FIFA Ultimate Team packs and Ultimate Draft.
Sportswear firm Nike…
Source: Complete Sports