The Rescued Chibok Girl Story, How She Was Found


Hope heightens yesterday as the one of 219 Chibok school girls abducted by Boko Haram insurgents over two years ago was was rescued by member of the civilian JTF in Borno state

Amina Ali was rescued on Tuesday night in Bale village at the edge of the Sambisa forest by a Chibok vigilante group which handed her over to the military.

Residents of chibok poured on to the streets as news spread that troops had brought one of the abducted girls to the village. Some of those who saw the girl recognised her instantly and sent for her mother to come. On sighting each other mother and daughter ran into an emotional embrace.

She was 17 when she was abducted, now she is 19, “married” to a Boko Haram fighter and carrying his four-month old child. Her father died of trauma while she was in captivity. Six other parents also died of trauma.
“Amina, are you truly the one? So, you are alive!” the mother, was quoted to have said. The two cried for a while before Amina narrated her ordeal. Many of the residents also shed tears.

Amina reportedly told the community leaders that her school mates were in Sambisa forest, but that six of them had died ”They are “well secured and protected” to stop the Nigerian Army from rescuing them,” she said.
Secretary of Chibok Local Government, Awomi Nkeki, who is also the acting chairman of the council, and from the same clan with Amina, told our correspondent on phone, that the rescued girl had been reunited with her mother.He said the reunion was emotional because Amina’s mother was shocked by what she saw, and nearly slumped.

Amina was found in a building at the Bale village after a fierce fighting between some Boko Haram insurgents and youth vigilantes, also known as Civilian JTF.
Sources said Amina, who looked dejected and walked with a limp, was found breastfeeding her daughter.

Her rescue has now heightened hopes in Chibok and across the country, that some of the girls, whose kidnap had attracted the attention of world, are still alive.
She reportedly told her rescuers that six of her friends died in captivity and expressed optimism that many others were still alive.

Amina’s rescue came when vigilantes from Damboa town launched a counter attack to stop fleeing Boko Haram from the Sambisa forest.

James Bako, an opinion leader in Chibok, who was one of the first people that saw the rescued girl, said she escaped from the Sambisa forest together with her “husband” as a result of ground and aerial offensive by Nigerian security forces.