‘Boko Haram Using Drones, Mercenaries Against Nigerian Troops’ — Leadership Newspaper

191


The chief of army staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai has said a sudden rise in Boko Haram attacks over the last three months has forced the Nigerian military to review its counter-insurgency operations in the Northeast.

Buratai stated this on Wednesday in a statement signed by Brig Gen Sani Kukasheka Usman.

The COAS also revealed that the terrorists now use drones and foreign fighters in their operations.

“In the last two to three months, we have noticed daring moves by the terrorists, increased use of drones against our defensive positions and infusion of foreign fighters in their ranks. These potent threats require us to continually review our operations,” he said.

Buratai, while describing the activities of the terrorists as “daring,” said it threatened to erode the previously recorded achievements in the counter-terrorism efforts.

Boko Haram insurgents have carried out successful, back-to-back attacks on Nigerian military bases since July, leaving heavy personnel and equipment…



Read More…..Leadership Newspaper