Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei has remained defiant towards US moves against his company, saying the US “underestimates” its abilities.
Speaking to Chinese state media, Mr Ren downplayed the impact of recent US curbs and said no-one could catch up to its 5G technology in the near future.
Last week the US added Huawei to a list of companies that American firms cannot trade with unless they have a licence.
The move marked an escalation in US efforts to block the Chinese company.
“The current practice of US politicians underestimates our strength,” Mr Ren said, according to transcripts from state media.
Huawei faces a growing backlash from Western countries, led by the US, over possible risks posed by using its products in next-generation 5G mobile networks.
The potential fallout from the US decision to place Huawei on its “entity list” was drawn into focus on Monday after Google barred the Chinese tech giant from some updates to its Android operating system.