A 14-year-old student of the Government Secondary School (GSS) Abaji, Ekene Emmanuel Ezeh, has been electrocuted in Abaji, the Federal Capital Territory.
Speaking to Daily Trust, on Saturday, the father of the deceased, Mr. Augustine Ezeh, said that the incident happened last Wednesday afternoon, April 7, around 2:pm, when electricity was restored in the area.
According to Mr Ezeh, he was at his workshop when someone rushed in to alert him that his son had been electrocuted.
“I immediately rushed to see my son foaming from his nose and mouth, and when I grabbed him, his body shocked me too. I had to use a wooden bench to push him down,” he said.
Sadly, Ekene died before he arrived the Abaji General Hospital.
Ezeh, who is a vulcanizer, stationed in front of a filling station in the area, said he suspects that his son died as a result of electric shock from a naked wire that passed through a zinc in a kiosk close to where he works.
The remains of deceased…
Source: Linda Ikeji