An Indian pharmacist was confirmed dead on Saturday May 9, after he drank a chemical concoction he developed in a bid to treat Coronavirus.
47-year-old K. Sivanesan who worked with Chennai-based Sujatha Biotech, an Ayurvedic and herbal products company which was founded 30 years ago, died on the spot while his colleague, a managing director of the company who is an ophthamologist by qualification, was hospitalised after he fainted soon after he ingested the chemical component.
The two men reportedly ingested the chemical mixture of nitric oxide and sodium nitrate at a home in southern Chennai city.
Deputy Commissioner of Police,Ashok Kumar said;
“Our investigation revealed that Sivanesan died after drinking the preparation he claimed would help COVID-19 patients. His managing director fainted after tasting it initially. Further investigation is on.”
N.S.Vasan, designer-cum-media manager of the company said;
“Due to the lockdown, Sivanesan…
Source: Linda Ikeji