Couple electrocuted a day after returning from honeymoon

58


Couple electrocuted a day after returning from honeymoon

A newly-wed couple from South Africa were electrocuted to death on Sunday June 13, just a day after they returned from their honeymoon.

 

Gauteng police confirmed that the bodies of Zaheer Sarang and Nabeelah Khan were found on Sunday afternoon.

 

Johannesburg police spokesperson Captain Mavela Masondo said the couple’s bodies were found in the shower.

 

Masondo said; 

 

“It is suspected that the couple were electrocuted. Police are still waiting for the post-mortem results that will confirm the cause of death.”

 

It was alleged that 24-year-old Khan was electrocuted after touching a tap in the shower and her husband was electrocuted when he tried to help her.

 

Community activist, Aziz Ally told newsmen that power outages and illegal connections in the area were a big problem. According to him, illegal connections were put up in “broad daylight”.

 

Ally said; 

 

“The problem is that there are many other residents from Homestead Park, Mayfair South that…



Source: Linda Ikeji