Executive Director UNICEF, Anthony Lake
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), on Friday, said horrific details have emerged that the three weeks of violence in South Sudan left 129 children dead and displaced more people since the beginning of 2015.
Anthony Lake, UNICEF Chief, said this during the fund’s update on the situation in South Sudan in New York.
He said children in Northern Unity State had been thrown into burning buildings, raped and castrated and called for an end to the “unspeakable violence in the name of humanity.
“Civilians have been terrorised and forced to flee for their lives in Greater Upper Nile region.”
He …Read More
Source:: PM Newspaper