Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State
Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun state told striking doctors in the state on Saturday that he did not sack any of them as being speculated in some sections of the media.
Instead, the governor appealed to the doctors to return to their duty posts and save lives of sick people as they had vowed through their profession.
“It is imperative to set the records straight by stating categorically that NO Osun resident doctor was sacked.
“The position of government has been that the striking doctors should return to their duty posts.
“Due to economic realities, a modulated salary scheme was agreed upon by the government and the workers’ union.
“I urge the striking doctors to reconsider the position of government and call off their industrial action for the sake of all.
“I appreciate every employee of the Osun state civil service
“I salute their loyalty and doggedness for standing with us in these most trying of times.
“I want to assure you all that we are working tirelessly to find ways out of our current economic challenges,” Aregbesola said on his Twitter handle.
There had been reports that the governor had either fired the doctors or was planning to sack them and recruit new ones.
As reported, the insinuation following a reported statement by the governor while speaking at the 75th birthday anniversary of the founding President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Hassan Sunmonu.
The governor had said he has done everything to bring peace and make the striking doctors return to work.
“To my dismay, they stuck to their guns. But you are either in or out. We have decided to use the civil service rule.
“The Head of Service will implement that as from Monday. Head of Service, it is over to you,” he was reported to have said. …Read More
Source:: PM Newspaper