JAMB Registrar Prof. Ojerinde
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Wednesday reiterated that it would not extend the period it had slated for the sales of forms for change of course or institution this year.
Dr Fabian Benjamin, the board’s Head of Media and Information, disclosed this in Lagos during a telephone interview.
He, therefore, advised candidates, who wish to change from one institution to another, and from one course to another, to do so before the Friday May 13 deadline.
NAN reports that no fewer than 1.6 million candidates participated in the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) on the all Computer Based Test (CBT) platform.
“We started the sales of these forms in March and it has been on ever since.
“We have given enough time to candidates, who desire to change their course or institution, to do so in order to avoid any rush.
“The sales of forms will, officially, be closed on Friday, May 13, and we do not anticipate any extension.
“Concerned candidates are, therefore, advised to cash-in on this opportunity to avoid any form of complaints,” he said.
Benjamin also disclosed that the Admission Policy Meeting of the board would hold in July.
He said that the board was expecting all stakeholders from the nation’s tertiary institutions to attend the meeting.
“Already, preparations are in top gear for a hitch-free policy meeting on admission coming up in July.
“We expect all the top stakeholders from our tertiary institutions to be in attendance,” he said.
He lauded the efforts being taken by the Federal Ministry of Education to turn around the fortunes of the sector.
He said that the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu and his team had been quietly working behind the scene to reposition the sector.
“It is our belief that in no distant time, Nigerians will begin to reap the benefits,” Benjamin said.
Source:: PM Newspaper