The alleged Boko Haram herdsmen, with their arms
No fewer than two persons have been killed in an attack by suspected herdsmen in the early hours of Tuesday at Ninte village in Jema’a Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
The Chairman, Interim Management Committee of the council, Mr Bege Katukah, told newsmen that two persons lost their lives while properties, including houses were burnt during the attack.
Katukah said although most of the villagers had deserted the village to neighbouring Zankan village for safety, security personnel had been deployed and the affected area combed.
He assured the people that government would not relent in its effort toward combating such ugly acts, adding “we will ensure that lives and property are secured as it is government’s primary responsibility”.
The chairman urged youths in the area not to take laws into their hands and condemn any form of reprisal attack.
Meanwhile, the villagers including women and children in their numbers could be sighted leaving to neighbouring villages with their belongings for safety of their lives.
Source:: PM Newspaper