The kidnapped Director of Account working with the Lagos State Government, Thomas Otuyemi and his son have been released.
Otuyemi, the Director of Account in the Chief of Staff, Governor’s Office, Lagos State was kidnapped last Saturday with his son in Epe by gunmen.
Government sources confirmed to our correspondent that Otuyemi and his son were released on Tuesday morning by their abductors.
It was not clear whether money was paid for their release.
Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Lagos Police Command, Dolapo Badmus, when contacted, confirmed that Otuyemi and his son were rescued by the police on Tuesday.
She said they were rescued around Isheri-Oshun area of Berger by the police, but refused to say if any ransom was paid, saying that the police were not concerned about that.
Badmus said Otuyemi and his son had been re-united with their family.
Otuyemi, 60 holds a Higher National Diploma (HND) from the Lagos State College of Science and Technology, and a Masters in Business Administration, MBA from Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.
Recently, an expatriate contractor working on the expansion of the Epe Township project in Lagos, Southwest Nigeria, was kidnapped while working on site by gunmen in Epe. He has not been released.
Source:: PM Newspaper