Navy authorities at NNS DELTA, Warri, on Saturday said two middle-aged men suspected to be involved in the series of attacks on oil installations belonging to Chevron in Delta had been nabbed.
Commander of the Naval Base in the oil city, Commodore Joseph Dzunve, told newsmen that the suspects were apprehended in Sapele area of the state following a tip-off.
Dzunve said that the attacks on the oil facilities located in Warri North Local Government Area were carried out between May, 2016 and July, 2016.
He added that the suspects were already providing the authorities with useful information that could assist in arresting other members of the group.
”Today, I am pleased to inform you that after persistent efforts, the NNS DELTA, being part of the maritime component of the Operation Delta Safe, has arrested two suspects responsible for the attack on Chevron facilities.
”They were deeply involved in various forms of crimes, including pipeline vandalism and sea robberies along the waterways in Warri North.
”The two apprehended suspects are not the only ones involved in the attacks on the oil facilities in Warri North. Others who are still at large will soon be apprehended,” he said.
Dzunve expressed the navy’s determination to rid the nation’s territorial waterways of all forms of criminal activities “in line with the Chief of Naval Staff’s directive.”
Source:: PM Newspaper