By ‘Dayo Showemimo
(Victor Essiet of the ‘Mandators’ said he was kidnapped and not arrested as it has been claimed in some quarters. Photo: Victor Essiet Blog)
Victor Essiet of award winning Nigerian Reggae band, ‘Mandators’ has opened up on his encounter with the Nigerian Police, leading to conflicting reports of his kidnap and arrest.
According to Victor, he was kidnapped and not arrested and narrating his version of the incidence, he said: ‘As you all would remember, these all started last year when one ‘Supol Nda’ led members of SARS on November 29, 2014 to the venue of our First Annual Festival ‘Africa Meets Reggae and World Music International Festival’ held at Hockey Pitch, National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos. I was attacked and seriously brutalised which led to AMR loosing over Two hundred million Naira in the process and I was hospitalised for months.’
In continuation, he said: ‘However, I had to follow due process by seeking redress in the court of law, against all the parties involved as it is done in America where I reside and other countries in the western world. We have been attending court sessions without any of the respondents showing up in court, as it was very difficult serving all the people involved, but at last my attorneys have to apply options provided by the law to get everyone served. And the first appearance of everyone mentioned in the suit was to be on Monday, June 29, 2015 two days after the burial of my late elder brother which was on June 29, 2015.’
They tried to Kidnap me again….
Victor Essiet said men of the Nigeria Police Force had been trying to kidnap him for sometime after making threatening phone calls to his lawyer who was warned not to appear in court.
‘Unknown to me, the Police were planning to …Read More
Source:: The NET