The Osun State Council of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC on Wednesday insisted that the six month old industrial action it embarked upon is over as directed all workers to resume at their respective duty posts immediately.
The labour asked workers to disregard an earlier announcement for resumption of the strike which sparked disagreement on Tuesday.
But the NLC said on Monday that after a meeting with the government Tuesday night, all grey areas had been sorted out confirming that the Labour reasoned with the government on the issues involved.
In a statement jointly signed on Wednesday by the NLC chairman, Comrade Jacob Adekomi and Chairman, Joint Negotiating Council, Comrade Bayo Adejumo, the workers were told that the council had reached agreement with the government necessitating the resumption of workers at their duty posts.
The released, which was dated July 15, 2015, reads as follows:
“After due consultations between the government and the leadership of the Joint Labour Movement in the state, we hereby resolve as follows:
1. That government has assured te leadership of the joint labour movement of its continuous commitment to payment of full salaries
2. That the entire leaders of the labour movement in the state are hereby assured that the leadership of our movement are on top of the situation and we will continuously stand for the defence and protection of the interests, welfare and rights of all members at all times without disappointment;
3. That all workers are hereby directed to resume duties and continue working at their various duty positions ;
4. That the leadership of the labour movement hereby that nobody should disturb any worker from carrying out their constitutional assignments.”
The post NLC directs Osun workers to resume works immediately appeared first on New Mail Nigeria. …Read More
Source:: New Mail