Breaking: Scores killed in Damaturu multiple explosions

0
66

Thirteen persons have so far confirmed dead in a triple attack in the northeastern Nigerian city of Damaturu, Yobe on Friday morning.
Two people were killed in twin explosions that rocked the city before a third moments later near a mosque that left another 11 dead, the latest attacks in the region where Boko Haram Islamists are waging an insurgency.
“For now we have 13 dead bodies brought to the hospital,” a medical source who wished to remain anonymous told AFP.
The acting Director Army Public Relations, Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman, who confirmed the incident in a statement, however assured that the situation is currently under control.
The Yobe State Governor, Ibrahim Geidam and the Chief of Army Staff, Major General Tukur Yusuf Buratai have sympathised with the victims and the people of the state and urged residents to stay calm and be security conscious at all times.
Col. Usman said that there were “two suicide bomb explosions today at about 7.40am in Damaturu, Yobe State.
“Two female suicide bombers; an elderly woman and a ten year old girl detonated devices at screening areas mounted by the security for intending Muslim worshippers at Layin Gwange, Damaturu and at “Phase One”, in front of former State Secretariat Complex, Damaturu.
“Four persons died in the first explosion and seven people were injured. While in the second explosion, five people lost their lives and eleven people were wounded.
“Troops and security agencies responded immediately to the incidents,” he said.
Follow Us

The post Breaking: Scores killed in Damaturu multiple explosions appeared first on New Mail Nigeria. …Read More

Source:: New Mail