President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday accepted the voluntary offer by the leadership of the Muslim community, under the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, to supervise the ad-hoc committees of government officials established by the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria to cater for the general welfare of Nigeria pilgrims.
The Sultan is being represented by a committee of Emirs under the leadership of the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sunusi II, according to a statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.
Shehu said the development did not contradict the earlier directive by the President that the Federal Government delegation to the 2015 Hajj exercise be suspended in line with the cost-saving measures of his administration.
The statement added that in accepting this voluntary offer of service, Buhari made it clear that there would not be government funds involved in the mission by the Emir.
He said the government would not name any members into the Emir’s delegation.
Shehu, however, assured Nigerians that all measures had been taken to ensure that the well being of pilgrims was well managed by the various ad-hoc committees on medical, accommodation, transport, logistics, information and publicity, aviation and tour operators as well as security that generally assist the commission in ensuring hitch-free Hajj operation.
He quoted the President as commending Sanusi for adding the responsibility to his own personal Hajj plans.
Meanwhile, the president, represented by Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State Mohammadu Buhari on Sunday inaugurated Muslim pilgrims flight to Saudi Arabia for 2015 at the Kaduna International Airport, Kaduna.
“Our country is going through very challenging times and we will need all the prayers we can have and the best place to do that for the Muslim Umma is in Saudi Arabia”, the President said.
Buhari congratulated Kaduna state for being chosen for …Read More
Source:: New Mail