The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has distanced himself from the recent attacks against former Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State.
Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State, said in a statement issued by his media office on Wednesday, that the attacks were being sponsored by the Peoples Democratic Party.
Fashola, according to a report on the state government’s website, spent N78.3m on his personal website, www.tundefashola.com and N139m to construct two boreholes at the Lagos House, Ikeja, when he was governor.
There had been speculations that the reports were being sponsored by Tinubu as part of efforts to discredit him and deny him the opportunity of being appointed a minister by President Muhammadu Buhari.
However, Tinubu said the allegations against him (Tinubu), were the handiworks of mischief makers sponsored by the PDP.
“The PDP is just recently out of office at the federal level and it built a vast, unprecedented financial war chest to contest the elections. The residual of that war chest is still at work, buying media space to plant rumours in hopes of spreading discord through the APC.
“Thus, the enemy camp may be a minority but it is a large and well-funded one that knows it only chance lies in us attacking ourselves.”
The APC leader said he had nothing against his successor, Fashola, whom he said served the state meritoriously for eight years.
He, therefore, condemned those calling for Fashola’s probe and said any criticism of Fashola was an indictment on him because he was instrumental to making Fashola governor.
“Our political opponents now try to steal victory when their only entitlement is resounding defeat. Having fared woefully with the electorate, their game plan is to sow discord within the ranks of the party the people had chosen to lead them. The PDP hopes to strike …Read More
Source:: New Mail