Kanye West recently released a new song dissing NIKE titled ‘Facts’. photo: Kanye West
Kanye West recently released a new song dissing NIKE titled ‘Facts’.
Kanye takes a swipe on Nike, the sportswear company he reportedly worked with on his sneakers line.
He later left Nike to work with Adidas last year, 2015.
Since then Kanye West has gone ahead to release trendy and fashionable footwear, the Adidas YEEZY Boost.
In the new song ‘Facts’, here are some punchlines explained…
1. ‘Yeezy Yeezy just jumped over Jumpman’
It was obvious that in 2015 the YEEZY line had a lot of hype, sold out of all footwear in no time and had people line up in stores across the globe.
At the same time the Jordan Brand apparently started having issues selling out some of its Retro releases towards the end of the year.
The Jordan Brand of course had a lot more releases than YEEZY and is a billion dollar brand.
2. ‘If Nike ain’t had Drizzy man they would have nothing. If Nike ain’t have Don C. they would have nothing’
Kanye affirms that only Drake and Don C. came to the rescue of Nike shoe line.
3. ‘I ain’t drop an album but the shoes went platinum’
Kanye West spells it out straight and lets it be known that he sold over a million shoes in 2015, which is impressive, but certainly nothing that will impress Nike.
4. ‘Tell Adidas that we need a million in production. I done told y’all all I needed was the infrastructure’
The rapper believes he could be selling a lot more sneakers, which is probably true, but the high resell prices would probably drop quickly if that was the case.
5. ‘James Harden, Swaggy P running up the budget.’
The $200m deal with James Harden was certainly one of the biggest announcements of the year and it is likely …Read More
Source:: The NET