Popular Yoruba actor, movie producer and director, Adebayo Salami, better known as Oga Bello is 63 years old today.
The veteran actor celebrated being on stage for 50 years in 2014.
In celebration of the highly respected actor, we bring you 11 facts about him you have to know…
- A native of Kwara State, Adebayo Salami was born on May 9, 1953 in Lagos State where he had both his primary and secondary education.
- His acting career started in 1964 with a group called Young Concert Party, under the leadership of late Ojo Ladipo, popularly known as Baba Mero. After a few years, the group changed its name to Ojo Ladipo Theatre Group, and later metamorphosed into Awada Kerikeri Theatre Group.
- Oga Bello took the mantle of leadership of the group following the demise of Ojo Ladipo in 1978.
- Adebayo Salami featured in the first Yoruba film, Ajani Ogun, in which the late Adeyemi Afolayan, the father of Kunle Afolayan and Gabriel Afolayan, was the lead actor.
- He starred in the popular Nigerian comedy series Comedy Half Hour with the stage name Oga Bello.
- The actor produced his first movie, Ogun Ajaye, in 1985, from the stable of Awada Kerikeri.<a target="_blank" href="http://admin.thenet.ng/?attachment_id=381226" rel="attachment …Read More
Source:: The NET