By Emma Ujah, Abuja Bureau Chief
The Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) has said that there was no plan to sell the Lagos International Trade Fair complex to any individual or corporate organization.
Reacting to Monday’s protests by traders at the complex, the Head, Public Communications, of the bureau, Amina Othman, said, in Abuja, yesterday, that the federal government would only concession the complex to a new operator, as the old concession arrangement had been terminated since AUGUST 2017.
She said, “For the avoidance of doubt, the Bureau states that the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), does not intend to sell the Complex rather the facility would be concessioned through a competitive transaction process.
NCC’s priority is to ensure consumer protection, satisfaction — Danbatta
“It is for this reason that the Government has procured the Services of Messrs Feedback Infrastructure Services to advise…