ADDRESS BY H.E. MUHAMMADU BUHARI, PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA ON THE EXTENSION OF COVID- 19 PANDEMIC LOCKDOWN AT THE STATE HOUSE, ABUJA
MONDAY, 13TH APRIL, 2020
1. Fellow Nigerians
2. In my address on Sunday, 29th March, 2020, I asked the residents of Lagos and Ogun States as well as the Federal Capital Territory to stay at home for an initial period of fourteen days starting from Monday, 30th March 2020.
3. Many State Governments also introduced similar restrictions.
4. As your democratically elected leaders, we made this very difficult decision knowing fully well it will severely disrupt your livelihoods and bring undue hardship to you, your loved ones and your communities.
5. However, such sacrifices are needed to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our country. They were necessary to save lives.
6. Our objective was, and still remains, to contain the spread of the Coronavirus and to provide space,…
Source: Vanguard Newspaper