To pay backlog of stipends as Batch C begins
By Joseph Erunke
THE federal government has said a total of 500,000 Nigerians have benefited so far in the N-Power scheme just as it confirmed that enrolment for Batch C beneficiaries began yesterday, Friday, June 26, 2020, at 11.45 pm.
The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, which said this in a statement Saturday night by its Deputy Director of Press, Rhoda Iliya, gave the breakdown as 200,000 beneficiaries in Batch A while 300,000 in Batch B.
Recall that Batch A started in September 2016 while Batch B kicked off in August 2018.
“The programme has enrolled 500,000 beneficiaries thus far – 200,000 from Batch A which started in September 2016 and 300,000 from Batch B which kicked off in August 2018,” the statement said.
It explained that beneficiaries were “supposed to spend 24 months on the programme and were spread across the key industries targeted by the program –…
Source: Vanguard Newspaper