Fire outbreak: UNIMAID bans cooking in hostel rooms

46


One dies, four injured in Lagos gas explosion
Scene of the pipeline explosion at Isheri, Lagos

Irked by the spate of fire outbreak in students’ hostels, the management of University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID), has banned students living in the hostels from cooking inside their rooms.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that about three fire incidents were recorded in the past weeks in the hostels which resulted to injuries and destruction of property.

The management of the school said the fire outbreaks were caused by cooking stoves.

A circular signed by the Dean of Students, Prof. A.M. Gimba titled: “Warning Notice on Cooking in Bedrooms,” said that defaulting students would be expelled from the hostel.

“Recently the university has witnessed fire outbreaks in students halls of residence, specifically girls hostel.

“This is attributed to cooking in the rooms in contravention of the rules and regulations of hostel residence,” he said.

Gimba said that the measure was to protect lives and…



Source: Vanguard Newspaper

Get the Latest Business Tenders and Contracts Information