Mosquito coil fire kills triplets, brother in Jigawa

0
140


Afeez Hanafi

Woe swept over a family in Tundun Tanda, in the Hadejia Local Government Area of Jigawa State after fire broke out from a burning mosquito coil and killed triplets and their brother.

The triplets were identified as Hassan Sule, Hussain Sule, and Muhusin Sule, aged five; their brother was  identified as Danladi Sule.

While the state fire service put Dandladi’s age at five months, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps said he was two-year-old.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the victims’ parents had lit a mosquito coil and placed it beside a mattress on which the children slept.

It was gathered that the coil burnt out into the mattress, leading to the outbreak of fire.

Their parents were also said to have sustained injuries from the fire.

Residents were reported to have rallied round the family to put out the fire, without informing men of the state fire service.

Our…



Read More…..Punch Newspapers