35 dead, dozens injured in Kuwait building fire

0
53


More than 35 people were killed and dozens injured in a building fire in an area heavily populated with foreign workers in Kuwait, the interior ministry said on Wednesday.

Forty-three people were injured, the health ministry said, after the blaze broke out in a residential building south of Kuwait City at dawn.

“Unfortunately, we received a report of a fire at… exactly 6:00 am (0300 GMT) in the Mangaf area,” Major General Eid Al-Owaihan, director of the Interior Ministry’s General Department of Criminal Evidence, said during a visit to the site.

“As for the deaths in the building behind me, the number has exceeded 35 so far.”

Forensic teams have identified three of the…



Source: Nigerian Tribune